How to Take Challenging Vertical Panoramic Photos?
Vertical panoramas provide you an interesting and unique alternative to the regular horizontal kind. You can use all the alternatives in your photography for providing the unusual view. When you think of panorama photography, we impulsively think of the traditional way of horizontal panorama or scenery or city skyline. Though, vertical panoramic pictures provide you an unusual and interesting twist on the increasingly collective theme.
Opportunity to Capture a Vertical Panoramic Shot
There are several situations that suit vertical panoramas flawlessly, such as skyscraping buildings, tall trees, or cathedral interiors. But, there will be several obstacles when you shoot vertical panoramas, and the major of them is the technical one- how to frame a photo while capturing the complete scene and also to know how to stitch images collectively! However, it is difficult than expected, but you can see the results to be worth enough. To say, vertical panoramas can also enhance appropriately thought-provoking subject.
7 Essential Tips for Creating a Vertical Panoramic Scene
- The easiest way for creating vertical panorama is by cropping the normal photo. This is not only quick, but also produces very less distortion than stitching the panorama collected from several snaps. It means that you have got the freedom for making panoramas for vertical scenes from any photograph that was taken in the past.
- The only downside for cropping image is that it might have very low resolution, making it difficult for large-scale printing.
- The other method is to stitch different shots together in a way that you stitch the photos in the horizontal panorama.
- Once you have got the shots, simply stitch them together with the programs like Photoshop or Auto Stitch.
- You need to note that few stitching software don’t support vertical panoramas, and they produce all sorts of peculiar effects. If the same thing happens to you, you can simply rotate source images before photo stitching.
- If possible, you can use a tripod configuration, which allows to pan in one sweeping motion, instead of readjusting the ball-head from the beginning every time.
- You can also use an L-bracket on the camera or a panoramic bracket, which allows you to rotate the camera over the nodal point. You should also make sure that you pick the exposure very carefully.
There are few software packages that use individual vertical frame shots. You do not need to rotate images. In the advanced software programs, vertical panorama is displayed along with original panorama that is made by using photo stitching software and also the same individual frames.
Do You Require a High-End Camera Necessary?
In order to stitch photos after taking multiple images, you need to use a dedicated digital camera to perform this operation. With latest advanced cameras, you can get great resolutions levels, and take panoramic photos too. However, even if you don’t have a powerful camera, a powerful photo editing tool can do the job for you.
Arcsoft Panorama Maker is one of the recommended software for creating vertical panoramic photos, especially if you don’t know how to stitch photos on your own. It allows you to make panoramas from vast landscapes, mountains ranges, city skylines, towering skyscrapers, lush forests, and cascading waterfalls.
If you want to make use of Photoshop for post-processing of images, then NIK Software Silver Efex Pro 2 and Arcsoft Portrait plus are two fantastic choices, that can help you in retouching your portraits, and even panoramic shots.
Latest posts by Mohammed Anzil (see all)
- How to Hack Facebook Account and Password – 8 Best Methods (2018) - March 16, 2018
- Instagram Videos not Working? Try these - March 14, 2018
- Recover Your Entire Lost Backup With The Easeus Data Recovery Wizard - March 10, 2018