Bitly Disconnects Facebook and Twitter Accounts
Popular URL shortening service Bitly disconnects Facebook and Twitter accounts due to compromised credentials. Bitly explains that it suspects that users’ account credentials have been compromised.
Bitly announced an urgent security warning says “We have reason to believe that Bitly account credentials have been compromised. We have no indication at this time that any accounts have been accessed without permission. For our users’ protection, we have taken proactive steps to ensure the security of all accounts, including disconnecting all users’ Facebook and Twitter accounts. All users can safely reconnect these accounts at their next login.”
If you are going to sign in to your Bitly account you should take the following steps to Facebook and Twitter reset their OATH tokens, API keys, passwords and then reauthorize connected apps.
Following are step-by-step instructions to reset your API key and OAuth token:
1) Log in to your account and click on ‘Your Settings,’ then the ‘Advanced’ tab.
2) At the bottom of the ‘Advanced’ tab, select ‘Reset’ next to ‘Legacy API key.’
3) Copy down your new API key and change it in all applications. These can include social publishers, share buttons and mobile apps.
4) Go to the ‘Profile’ tab and reset your password.
5) Disconnect and reconnect any applications that use Bitly. You can check which accounts are connected under the ‘Connected Accounts’ tab in ‘Your Settings.’
Bitly says if users have account-specific questions, you can contact their support team at support(@)bitly.com.
Latest posts by Mohammed Anzil (see all)
- How to Hack Facebook Account and Password – 8 Best Methods (2018) - March 16, 2018
- Instagram Videos not Working? Try these - March 14, 2018
- Recover Your Entire Lost Backup With The Easeus Data Recovery Wizard - March 10, 2018