How to Transfer Money with ICICI Bank through Twitter
Indian Bank ICICI has announced that their customers in India can now send money to other people via the social network Twitter.
ICICI Bank savings account customer, who has a mobile number registered with the bank and has a Twitter account, can access the facilities of ‘icicibankpay’.
Image Credit – www.foxbusiness.com
To register for the service, a customer needs to follow the bank’s Twitter account, @ICICIBank and send a Direct Message(DM) in the format “#reg <space> <registered mobile number with ICICI Bank>”. As a safety measure, the customer will receive a ‘one time password'(OTP) on her registered mobile number, which in turn is required to be sent as a DM from her Twitter account to the bank’s twitter account in the format “#regotp <space> <OTP>”.
An illustration of the four easy steps to register for ‘icicibankpay’:
- Follow twitter.com/ICICIBank
- Send DM: #reg <space> <registered mobile number>
- Receive six digit OTP on registered mobile number
- Send DM: #regotp <space> <OTP that you received>
Once registered, the customer can transfer funds, check account balance, view last three transactions and recharge prepaid mobile by simply sending a DM from her Twitter account to the Bank’s Twitter account in the following formats.
Transfer money: A unique feature that allows the customers of ICICI Bank to send money to anyone with a savings account and a Twitter account.
- #Pay <space> @<twitter account of the recipient> <space> <Amount>
- Upon sending the DM on Twitter, the customer will receive a SMS on her registered mobile number with a four digit redemption passcode, which she will have to share with the beneficiary. This passcode is valid for usage within three days of the creation of the request
- The beneficiary will also receive a Tweet from the bank with the link of its website
- To receive money, the beneficiary has to click on the link sent by the bank, which will take her to a secured page on ICICI Bank’s website. Here, the beneficiary will be required to verify her Twitter account along with providing name, account number, IFSC code of the account where she wants to receive the money and the four digit passcode received from the sender of the fund.
You can view account balance, recent 3 transactions, recharge prepaid mobile etc with the features.
News Credit – ICICI Bank
Latest posts by Mohammed Anzil (see all)
- Todoist Templates – How to use that? - February 18, 2018
- HootSuite Alternatives 2018 - February 14, 2018
- Impressive List Of Responsive Image Slider WordPress Plugin - February 13, 2018