Top 7 WordPress Anti Spam Plugin
One of the major advantage while using WordPress self hosted site is we can use various kinds of plugin’s as per our needs. WordPress gives us free way to work and design on our blogs as per our desire. One of the major problem we will face while using self hosted WordPress is commenting only for spam. Automated spam is nothing new today since most WordPress blogs allow commenting on blog posts.
You can do moderation for cutting down on comment spam the default options like before a comments appear a blog administrator must always approve the comment or the comment author must have a previously approved comment. You can control almost spam comments before appearing on posts.
But if your blog is popular you should moderate hundreds of comments everyday and most of the comments will be spam and it will take your valuable working time. Lot of WordPress plugin’s available to prevent spam. After some research and other bloggers reviews we collected top 7 WordPress Anti Spam Plugin’s that help you to zap spamming.
1. Akismet – The best ever and widely used anti-spam plugin for WordPress. It bundled with WordPress and to activate you should submit a registration key. Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
2. GASP – Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin known as GASP. This plugin creates client side generated checkbox to teh comment form that asking users to confirm that they are not a spammer.
3. Comment Spam Trap – Copmment spam trap plugin adds an invisible email field that is invisible to human visitor, but very visible to the spam bots. When they fill it in, the message is considered spam.
5. Cookies for Comments – Cookies for comments adds a style sheet to your blog’s html source code. When the URL is requested by browsers a cookie is set that is required for the visitor/user to leave a comment.
6. WP Spam Free – Powerful WordPress plugin that that eliminates comment spam, including trackback and Pingback spam. The plugin will eliminate comment spam, including trackback and Pingback spam.
7. TwitterLink Comments – This plugin asks commentators to include their Twitter username along with their comment.