If you are soon going to be a new kid on the blog, you must be really excited. You must be having a really serious and well-thought agenda to arrive here. However, don’t be in a hurry to jump on the blogging bandwagon. There are many competitors out here whom you need to beat to be at the top of the Google search results. If you wish to set up a blog just for fulfilling your communicative needs or for the purpose of catharsis, then you don’t need to worry about following all the rules. But, if you are here for promoting your websites or company products, you need to be careful about many things.
Ten Things to Do before a Blog Launch:
- Content is God – Your very purpose of setting up a blog is to put down the best content that you are capable of. Nobody comes here for the sake of mere promotion; there are other ways to accomplish that like use of ads, posters, banners. Think of various topics for your content. Search online for similar content and find if it is selling, popular, or hardly visible. So, brush your content writing skills, think of the best and the most original ideas, and think of ways to engage the readers to the max. Don’t just let visitors be plain visitors; try hard to convert them into readers and active sharers. Only if they read, they will be tempted to share. And they will share it only if there is something new or strikingly good. Nobody shares commonly known facts or stories. Some spice, useful piece of information, or a lovely narrative is what they share through various social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, etc.
- Viral Content – Write content that is not just interesting but deadly viral. Some pieces of content are not that useful but their weirdness or outré nature makes them viral.
- Twitter Campaigns – These have garnered popularity in recent times as an effective way to promote a blog or website. Offer incentives and prizes to those who are the first ones to share your tweets or to those who comment on them in the best possible way. Contests like ‘prizes for the best answer’ are highly attractive to users, and make them participate actively.
- Interact with People – The most common mistake that most bloggers make is blogging and then forgetting about it. Nobody’s going to bother if you don’t. Your blogs should be engaging enough to make people comment on them. Respond to their comments, engage into debates, help them with extra details they ask, and show serious concern to their queries. It should be a dialogue and not a monologue. Personalizing your blog is a great way to grab user interest. People trust a true personal story more than mere product descriptions that are aimed at marketing the product. People won’t buy anything unless you present the product with both its positive and negative aspects. Merely boasting about a product’s benefits will only act as a turn-off. State exceptions and highlight the precautions and disclaimers. If your blog helps people in their lives in a big way, you surely are going to rank higher in Google search results. Frame your keywords effectively so that you are often searched by web users.
- Perfect Technical Details – Attend to the technical aspects of your blog in detail like font, graphics, navigation, structure, etc. If people get confused or lost while going through your blog, then it is a bad blog design. Get your blog designed from an expert; hire a professional web design UK company for the best results.
- Post Comments on Similar Blogs – Don’t stick to your own blog; post comments actively on other blogs of similar genre. By doing this, you increase your interaction with similar bloggers who will be curious to know about your blog. They will click on your blog link thus increasing its visibility.
- Accurate Testing – Test your blog several times before launching. Fix all the bugs found during the testing process.
- Be Ready with Google Accounts – Check whether Gmail, Google Analytics, Webmaster, and other tools are working smoothly. Without Google Analytics, how will you measure your site traffic?
- Social Media Accounts – Even if you are going to use only one or two profiles very actively, don’t restrain setting up accounts on only one or two social media; Register on all the social media tools available on the internet currently. You never know who might show interest in your blog posts.
- Prepare a Checklist – Making a checklist of all the stuff you need for your blogs is a great way to be sure you haven’t missed out anything. Go through the checklist before the blog launch. To get the most exciting and attractive design for your blog, hire Web design Cambridge professional service providers.
About the author: Kaira Fransic has a keen interest over Web Design and Development. She spend her most of the time with technology related blogs. She prefers web design UK from the pulsewebsolutions as they providing all the necessary features and functions to build a successful online business