WordPress 3.9 Arrives with Media Editing, Gallery Previews, Audio and Video Playlists
WordPress 3.9 is out. It’s really a welcome update with media editing, gallery previews, audio and video playlists. Version 3.9 of WordPress, named “Smith” in honor of jazz organist Jimmy Smith.
Image Credit – Cristian Labarca
The visual editor improved speed accessibility and very good mobile support. You can paste into the visual editor from your Microsoft Word without wasting time to clean up.
Now you can easily edit and crop the images, rotate images as per your needs with image crop tool. You can drag and drop the images directly from your desktop device to the editor.
Here we go with new features what WordPress 309 brings to you.
- Improved visual editing: The new visual editor has improved speed, accessibility, and mobile support. You can paste into it from your word processor without wasting time to clean up messy styling.
- Edit images easily: With quicker access to crop and rotation tools, it’s now much easier to edit your images while editing posts and scale images directly in the editor.
- Drag and drop your images: Uploading your images is now as simple as grabbing them from your desktop and dropping them in the editor.
- Gallery previews: Galleries display a beautiful grid of images right in the editor, just like they do in your published post.
- Do more with audio and video: Images have galleries, and now media clips have playlists.
- Live widget and header previews: Add, edit, and rearrange your site’s widgets right in the theme customizer: preview your changes live and only save them when you’re ready. The improved header image tool also lets you upload, crop, and manage headers while customizing your theme.
There are 267 contributors behind this WordPress update. Click here to download WordPress 3.9.