WhatsApp is one of the worlds most popular instant messaging app that lets you send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
Google Drive is a popular service from Google that offers users images, videos, or any other files to keep safe on cloud, that can accessible anytime, anywhere.
What you think about an integration with WhatsApp and Google Drive? Yes, simply backup and restore your WhatsApp chats with the help of Google Drive.
WhatsApp and Google announced a partnership that the messaging app integrate Google Drive storage to make backing up and restoring chats easy.
Here is how you can do that.
1. Open WhatsApp. Ensure that you are using WhatsApp version 2.12.303. You can download the version from any APK file hosting sites.
2. Click on the three dots on the top right of the WhatsApp screen.
3. Go to Settings
4. Now tap on chat calls, then chat backup.
5. There you can connect your Google Drive account to store your backup data from WhatsApp.
6. Set the backup frequency daily, weekly or monthly.
Restore WhatsApp Messages from Google Drive
When you install WhatsApp on your smartphone, after the number verification process WhatsApp will check automatically if there is any Google Drive account available which linked with that number and backup.