Slack is becoming a great communication tool. It’s a social messaging service for groups. Your friends, family or collaborators can create a team in Slack.
You can create channels for conversations that are all open to the team members.
Note that private channels and #general channel cannot be deleted. That means you can only delete the channels you created public. What to do if you won’t need a channel anymore? How to Delete a Slack Channel? Here we go.
1. Open the channel you would like to Delete.
2. Click on the Channel Name.
3. Select view messages archives.
4. Click the red Delete Channel link.
5. Check the box next to Yes, I am absolutely sure and click Delete it.
That’s it. You have successfully deleted the slack channel. Note that a channel you deleted is unable to restore.