How to get free Google Drive Storage? I’m a huge lover of Google services especially Google Drive, one of my favorite cloud storage service I’m using to save my important files and documents.
Google Drive gives a free 15GB of storage for all accounts, sometimes that couldn’t enough for some heavy users. You can buy more storage from Google. The basic plans start from just $1.99 for 100 GB for 1 month and 1 TB of storage for $9.99 for 1 month. You can busy space up to 30 TB as per your needs.
Most of the Google Drive users including me would like to get free Google Drive storage space. Is possible to get free Google Drive Storage? Yes, it’s possible. Let’s check this post.
1. Security Checkup Bonus – 2 GB
Yes, you can earn up to 2 GB of free Google Drive storage. All you need to do this is head to Google and run a very brief security update.
But this offer is not available every time but available on Safer Internet Day (Feb. 9). Let’s mark this day on your Calendar. Check this official blog post from Google.
I have earned a total of 4 GB space from Google for the security checkup on 2015 and 2016. I’m not sure if Google will give this security checkup bonus in future, but you can try tour luck.
2. Earn 1 TB Drive Storage Contributing on Google Maps
Please update to the latest version of Google Maps on your phone and you’ll notice that there is a new contributions option. The more you contribute as a Local Guide, the more benefits you’ll enjoy. Here’s an overview of what you’ll unlock at each level.
- Level 1 (0 – 4 points): Enter exclusive contests (think new Google devices!) in select countries.
- Level 2 (5 – 49 points): Get early access to new Google products and features.
- Level 3 (50 – 199 points): Show up in the Google Maps app with your official Local Guides badge.
- Level 4 (200 – 499 points): Receive a free 1 TB upgrade of your Drive storage, allowing you to keep all the stories, photos, and videos from your travels in one safe place.
- Level 5 (500+ points): The very top Local Guides will become eligible to apply to attend our inaugural summit in 2016, where you’ll be able to meet other top Guides from around the world, explore the Google campus, and get the latest info about Google Maps. Look out for details early next year.
If you reach the level 4, Google will upgrade your Google Drive storage space to a massive 1 TB that is valid for 2 years. Check this official blog post from Google.