Elmedia Player for macOS Review – Solution for Playing and Downloading Media Content
Today on SocialPositives.com, we are reviewing Elmedia Player, a simple and powerful media player for Mac OS X. Elmedia is a universal media player for macOS that supports pretty much all the media file formats available, such as FLV, SWF, WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, DAT, FLAC, M4V, MPG, MKV, and others. Considering its powerful playback abilities and a wide range of supported formats, Elmedia Player is rightfully considered to be a reliable alternative to QuickTime Player. Not only can it play video and audio files, but also download media content for offline viewing. Yet, it should be noted that the program download capabilities are available solely in the PRO version of Elmedia.
Not only can it play video and audio files, but also download media content for offline viewing. Yet, it should be noted that the program download capabilities are available solely in the PRO version of Elmedia.
Eltima Software offers two versions of Elmedia Player: Free and PRO. Free version has a core feature set like videos playback, browser mode for watching online movies, and lots of others. PRO version, in its turn, includes many more powerful features that are not available in the The free versions, such as:
- Downloading of online movies and audio tracks;
- Taking snapshots of different moments in a video or even converting it into a bunch of images;
- Saving media content onto your hard drive, for instance: films, video clips, RTMP streams, or various SWF files together with their external resources.
- Enhanced playback performance (A-B loop, 10-band audio equalizer with the ability to apply presets, adjusting video and image layout, and so on).
Media files download
Elmedia Player PRO supports downloading of media files in multiple formats, including HTML5 and RTMP streams, that are widely used by the world’s top news channels. It can also save videos from the most popular video hosting websites like Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion, Facebook, YouTube, and Yahoo directly to your computer.
With Elmedia Player PRO video tuner you will be able to adjust brightness, saturation, contrast, and other movie playback settings. Its graphic equalizer with 10 frequency bands will help you customize sounds as well. If you need to play a video that comes with an external audio track, Elmedia software will load it automatically. Free version has lots to offer too. Let’s take a closer look at the stunning set of features that you are sure to appreciate when using the free version of Elmedia Player:
- Possibility to surf the Internet right from the app screen through Elmedia Player built-in web browser;
- Edit subtitles;
- Ability to create and revise media playlists;
- Support of multiple tracks with the possibility to select a sound track for playback;
- Adjusting aspect ratio of an image to the window size;
- Controlling playback speed for optimal video playback;
- Impeccable HD experience due to hardware acceleration.
A lot of amazing features of Elmedia are common to both Free and PRO versions. For example, each of them is capable of playing movies and loading subtitles. This means no more watching movies in incomprehensible foreign languages, just load the required subtitles into Elmedia Player for a pleasant experience.
Elmedia can also merge a movie with an audio track. This can be especially useful if you want to enjoy watching a foreign movie in your native or any other language you know.
Although there are few known issues with SWF files playback and downloading specific online videos, there is no chance they can influence software usability and positive user experience.
To sum up, Free and PRO versions of Elmedia Player share comparatively the same simple and awesome functionality. Both of them are feature-rich and convenient to use. Download Elmedia from here and feel free to leave your valuable feedback, suggestions, and comments below.