pCloud, one of the emerging cloud storage services recently introduced pCloud Public Folder a great alternative to Dropbox folder.
pCloud announced on their blog post says that “The Public Folder might be familiar to some of you already, who’ve used Dropbox before. We took this idea and sprinkled it with some extra tweaks, leading to what most would think of as a great Dropbox public folder alternative.”
If you are not familiar with pCloud, it provides a cloud storage solution for businesses of any size. Here we go with some of the notable features of pCloud.
pCloud Notable Features
- 10 to 20 GB Free Space for Lifetime
- 50GB Download link traffic for free users
- 15GB Remote upload traffic
- Download and upload links
- Secure 256-bit TLS/SSL connection
- Camera auto upload for iOS and Android devices
- Built-in video player
- Unlimited file size and speed
- pCloud Crypto to encrypt your sensitive files on any device and make them invisible to others
- Premium Plan starts from just $3.99/month with 500 GB Storage
- Save your favorite web images, videos, text and more to pCloud directly from browser extension
pCloud Public Folder
Simply said, the Public Folder is a special green folder in the file structure of your pCloud account. Once you move some files there, you can do all sorts of awesome things with them, namely, creating Direct links.
The Public Folder allows you to use your pCloud host and display static HTML websites, embed images or simply create Direct links to your files. Every photo, video or other files you add in the Public Folder will have its own Direct link.
pCloud public folder lets you host your own website on the service. You can use the Public Folder to create a Direct link to your portfolio, preview of your static website or more.
Credit – pCloud Blog