There are a lot of people are being victimized of hacking and computer threats. And this has becoming the daily trend in the online age. Good thing, there are various antivirus programs that are being utilized to protect our PC from possible hackers and viruses.
Along with the antivirus programs are the Firewalls being used with the operating system in order to protect the system from any malicious software. It seems that every day, hacker keeps on developing new ways to infiltrate computers by having new sets of malware and viruses. That is the reason why we also continuously make programs that would save us from any kind of malicious threat.
So you’ve already set the parameters on how you could protect your computer, what would you do if you got infiltrated? How would you repair your computer and what added protection can you do to enhance your security? For us to protect our personal computer from viruses, we need more an antivirus.
We must have good safety habits in order to initially prevent the viruses from even spreading. An outrage of viruses can be devastating and can cause serious damages to your personal computer as well as to your files. They can be corrupted, meaning it might be hard to retrieve the data once it’s infiltrated with viruses.
SEE ALSO: Best Free Antivirus for Mac 2015
Other scenarios such as unauthorized changes on your computer may transpire and other malwares can be easily downloaded in your system without you knowing.
When you’re prompted that a virus got in your operating system, ensure that after you delete or cure the virus, you set all your settings to its normal mode to ensure that there will be no further problems later on. It is important to be extra cautious especially after a virus attack, so your personal computer will not be vulnerable from malwares and viruses.
Here, I have set down possible course of action on how to revive your computer from a recent virus attack. So, let’s get to them one by one.
Step by step PC restoration
1. After a virus attack, open up your antivirus software. Then, do an update by simply clicking the update button found on the dialog box.
2. Wait for your computer to be completely updated. Once done, take of your internet connection to prevent you computer from incurring/attracting more viruses while your PC security is being revived.
3. When you see the computer have completely shut off, open it again. But this time, turn it on to safe mode. You can do this by pressing F6 during the reboot. Once done, be sure that you run again your antivirus to see if there are still viruses left behind. The whole process will be put into waste if you are not able to clean your operating system before running on normal mode. When any virus prompts up delete them immediately from your computer.
4. After cleaning your computer, restart it normally. Be sure to access your settings through Control Panel found in the Start menu. You should see if your firewall is active, and this can be done by choosing Firewall option in Security Center section. Firewalls are used to add layer of protection for your computer.
5. Now that you’ve set everything up, connect your computer to the internet and update your browser its most recent version.
After doing the list above, it is sure that you have your highly efficient computer system back. In order to refrain from doing the same thing again, see to it that you download antivirus for protection from viruses. It is important to have a strong protection in order to ensure that your system will not be easily infiltrated.
Moreover, don’t forget to update both your browser and antivirus protection. It needs to be regularly updated so you’re sure that your system is capable of detecting new found viruses lurking around the internet. Lastly, if you’re not using the internet, it is suggested to turn it off because as long as you’re connected to the internet, the more chances you have of getting infected.